Meet Dr. Andrew Taliaferro
We are thrilled to announce the addition of Andrew Taliaferro DDS to the Oral & Facial Surgery Associates surgical team starting this September. Dr. Taliaferro grew up in Topeka, Kansas, and completed his bachelor’s degree in biology at Baker University in Baldwin City, Kansas. He obtained his dental degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City in Kansas City, Missouri. He also completed a one-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. This is where he decided to pursue a career in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Taliaferro then moved to Long Island, New York where he completed an internship at Long Island Jewish Medical Center. Following his internship, he went on to complete his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA.
When Dr. Taliaferro is not working, he enjoys spending time outdoors, exercising, traveling, and trying new restaurants. He is very excited to be moving back to Kansas City and his home state of Kansas, where he will be closer to his family and the Chiefs.
- Board Certified with the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial
- Member of the Fifth District Dental Society
- Past President of the Midwestern Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow and Diplomat of American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Past President of Kansas Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Past President of Greater Kansas City Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Past Chairman of Oral Surgery Department, Shawnee Mission Medical Center and Overland Park Regional Hospital